In January, JFA was recognized as a Platinum Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program. Platinum is the highest level of recognition.
The Fit-Friendly Worksites Program is a catalyst for positive change. Worksites throughout the nation can be part of the initiative by making the health and wellness of their employees a priority. JFA was recognized as a Platinum Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association’s initiative for:
• Offering employees physical activity support.
• Providing/increasing healthy eating options at the worksite.
• Promoting a wellness culture.
• Implementing at least nine criteria as outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical • activity, nutrition and culture.
• Demonstrating measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness.
For more information on the Fit-Friendly Worksites initiative, or to find out what you can do to incorporate more physical activity at your worksite, contact Theresa Felton, Manager JFA Wellness & Safety, at firstname.lastname@example.org.